Saturday, November 10, 2012

Little Helper's Apron

Yesterday while Ellie was napping and big kids were doing independent school work Gracyn and I got to work on an apron for her! 
 She loves to assist in the kitchen.  Her joyful spirit makes it so enjoyable.  If there is a plus to not having a dishwasher, this would be why...I get to spend one-on-one time with this adorable girl every day at the sink! 
 The best thing about this apron (besides how cute it looks on her) is it costed next to nothing to make!  The flower pattern is a vintage bed sheet we got for 2 quarters, and the polkadot is an old dress of big sister Caitlin's that we salvaged from a box in the closet!
 But here is my favorite part about this apron...it can be used for harvest days!  Or daily egg collecting!  
 Or in Graycie's case, walking around the yard with a hen!
 Now I just need to make one for my other girls and myself!! 

3 comments:

  1. very cute! I love how comfortable she is around chickens. Even though we've had ours since Ri was a baby, she's a bit nervous around them (maybe because the rooster was mean to her?) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE LOVE LOVE that apron style!! So very cute. Would you consider making some for us to buy to sell in the store??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jacque, yes! I would consider it a priviledge to do that for you!! I will email you :)

    ReplyDelete